Holistic midwifery support from pregnancy therapies will be on a one to one basis and personalised to meet your individual needs.
As an Independent Private Midwife my aim is to empower you to make the best choices for you and your baby enabling you to remain in control of your pregnancy and birth and achieve a positive birthing experience. Holistic midwifery support can be as much or as little as you require, from a one off antenatal or postnatal appointment for additional support, reassurance, or to discuss your options, to a full course of appointments to see you through your pregnancy and for up to eight weeks after your little one arrives. Each appointment will include a full antenatal (listening to baby’s heartbeat will only be done from 16 weeks gestation) or postnatal check up and plenty of time to ask questions and discuss any concerns you have.
Although not an exhaustive list these are some of the common reasons people book holistic midwifery support appointments with Pregnancy Therapies
- For reassurance and advice in the early weeks of pregnancy before the booking appointment with your NHS maternity service, or in the weeks between booking and your first scan appointment.
- As an interim appointment for reassurance and advice when there is a long period of time between your NHS midwife appointments.
- To discuss the options offered to you by the NHS
- For help with understanding a medical or pregnancy condition
- For additional Midwifery support throughout pregnancy and postnatally once baby has been born
- Birth planning and one to one birth preparation classes
- Infant feeding advice and support
- Advice and support around caring for your newborn baby
- Following birth trauma to talk through and better understand a traumatic birthing experience
Birth Pool and Tens Machine Hire
Birth pool in a Box Regular Pro Pool is available to hire complete with everything needed to inflate and deflate, fill and empty the pool. Birth pool hire will be for approximately five to six weeks so that you can have the pool ready to use from 37 weeks up until your baby is born. Hire includes inflation / deflation pump and a submersible water pump for easy emptying and a new single use liner, water hose and tap connectors will also be supplied. In addition to the hire charge a refundable deposit of £60 will also be taken with each hire, this will be returned to you upon reciept of the pool and accessories in good clean condition.
Maternity Tens machine hire will include a new set of electrode pads for each hire and will be for a period of approximately six weeks so that you can have the Tens machine ready to use from 37 weeks up until your baby is born. In addition to the hire charge a refundable deposit of £30 will also be taken with each hire, this will be returned to you upon reciept of the Tens machine in good clean condition.
Due to limited availability it is advised to book early for both the birth pool and the Tens machine hire.